Wednesday, March 19, 2014

one week gallbladderless

Well tomorrow marks one week that I had my gallbladder surgery and liver biopsy done during my second hospitalization. I was in excruciating pain, very scared and worried that pain relief wasn't REALLY coming my way.

Drum roll please....

Brrrrrrrrr.......

I have been in only minimal pain since my surgery, and surgery-related pain only. I cannot even put into words what a relief it is not to be in chronic pain. Even when in the pain y don't realize how bad, or how constant it is until it is gone and you experience relief. It has been a glorious week recovering from surgery.

That's not to say it has been a breeze. I am uncomfortable sleeping, can't quite find my new right position. Sneezing is excruciatingly painful. I have had flares of pain that have brought nee to tears. That all being said, none if this is anywhere near the pain I was in before surgery. Plus this is ALL related to my very recent surgery, so this is actually HEALING pain, that makes it all the more tolerable-- 
KNOWING IT WILL END SOON.

Anyhow I spent a great deal of time this past week while resting at home with my kitties working on inspirational quote image things that I'm going to call ohmisms. They have been the perfect activity for resting, physically, emotionally, spiritually and have helped me to further foster this new place of health within which I find myself. I plan on including a vast array of these in the book I'm working on, but wanted to share some here.






Well, it is very tiredly and gallbladderlessly but with less pain that I sign off and wish y'all a great evening.
Love, love. 

P.S. if you have had gallbladder surgery or another laparoscopic surgery done and have a sleeping position suggestion please please please comment, it'd be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment