Sunday, March 23, 2014

hiking to health



This morning I went on my first Sunday morning hike for several weeks, since I was sick and my first since my surgery last week. I was a little nervous about it, BUT it was great.

I told my friend, Karines, about my drinking detox waters and she's completely supportive and is beginning to make her own now. I made her first jug last night and she was thrilled with it this morning. It was a delicious concoction:

Lemon
Key lime
Apple
Pear
Peach
Cara cara orange
Cucumber
Mint
Blackberry
Blueberry
Strawberry

I'm in love with these water creations, not only do they look like delicious, gorgeous pieces of art, but I can FEEL them changing my body already. My doctor is thrilled that I'm drinking these!


Our detox water was the perfect drink to have with is on our hike. We walked a beautiful trail that ends up at seventy foot tall waterfall and a gorgeous little stream. The weather was absolutely perfect and because we went early we were able to have some completely rehashing, serene, spiritual time down at the falls-- my favorite part of our hiking tradition.

There are a few different trails to the falls so we're going to explore other trails here until we've done them all.


Here I am down at the falls, of course with my beautiful detox water!!


I really enjoyed my morning meditation this morning, was very deep and special. I left this place feeling very secure, safe and healthy and WITHIN myself, which is so very important.


I LOVE LOVE LOVE the next pose. It was the perfect chest opening movement to begin my meditation and relaxation.


This following picture is my favorite picture of my friend and I. She is truly a great friend. We've been friends for seven years and have been through EVERYTHING together:

Grad school
Boyfriends
Break ups
Jobs
Moving
Family losses
Medical situations/surgeries
Road trips
Day trips

We've decided today that we've set some goals and made some decisions and we are going to continue hiking towards health together.


So, tomorrow is a big day, I'll be returning to work, on my full-time schedule-- yikes. The only thing I'm nervous about is getting so crazy tired. I think I'm make it through ok, just gotta make sure I get more sleep than last night. I've really been struggling with sleeping ever since my surgery. It is nearly impossible to get comfortable. BUT I'm going that since my body is so tired tonight that I'm just fall asleep regardless of discomfort.

I look forward to continuing to share my journey with you. I will definitely continue to share my detox water recipes. They are so very good for you, PLUS they taste great-- can't go wrong with that!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Namasté and deep, BIG LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment