Saturday, March 1, 2014

First Day of ENDOMETRIOSIS AWARENESS MONTH

Today is the first day of ENDOMETRIOSIS AWARENESS MONTH. I am very excited about it. Not only do I find it a great time to spread AWARENESS but it creates with my own disease process as I'm looking at possibly another surgery. I also have found a great group of amazing friends and feel an indescribably sisterhood with other ladies in the Facebook endo support groups. There are fun aspects to this month: wearing yellow, endo themes manicures using the AWARENESS color of yellow and a month long photo challenge with different themes daily. 
Here is my first photo for the challenge, the topic was ENDOMETRIOSIS. I chose this pic for a few reasons: it gives great, basic information and shows common implantation sites and if someone read this and nothing sense at least they'd know something about this debilitating disease. ENDOMETRIOSIS AWARENESS is becoming more and more important to me each day.

Before is my first ENDOMETRIOSIS AWARENESS themed manicure. I'm really ecstatic with how it came out. It came out better than I ever could've imagined. There are three French fingers with yellow glitter tips and two accent fingers with solid yellow glitter. 
I'm just so pleased with them. 
I hope they end up being a conversation starter


Today has also been a kitty cuddle filled day-- lucky me!! Tink deserves recognition in regards to endo also-- he's always there when I don't feel well, frequently knowing before I even know. He is by far the mostt LOVING creature I've ever known. I'm all incredibly humbled to be in his presence daily. He is way more powerful and healing than any medication over been on.


I've also decided to end each blog of this special month with an inspirational quote or image. I feel like I needed this one today and that is
 why I chose it. 

**to my endo sisters, and myself, we ARE strong. We fight for life everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment