Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lupron: A Week in Review

WelI my first week on Lupron sure has been an emotional and physical rollercoaster!

Physically since my injection I've experienced the following:

~ night sweats


~ insomnia


~ extreme abdominal bloating


~ hot flashes


~ over sleeping


~ excruciating pelvic cramps


~ utter physical exhaustion


~ mood swings


~ menopause memory loss (like forgetting what I'm saying as I'm saying it)


~ the most random, painful pain in my left shoulder bones-- luckily not constant, it comes inwaves


~ breakouts


~ restlessness


And emotionally, I've been ALL over the place:

~ sadness

~ angry

~ frustrated

~ hopeful

~ scared

~ regret

~ overwhelmed

~ embarrassed

~ grateful

~ alone

~ misunderstood


The below picture is my second night in MENOPAUSE, which was HELL.



And below is the morning 
hike I went on last Sunday, first menopause hike! Saw such beautiful trees and a waterfall!




A very dear client planted me this special plant and brought it to me with a very sweet card that she made on the computer. She said that the plant should grow quite a bit and that it is a girl plant. She said "It is my hope that when the plant is a big girl I hope you're back to being a little girl" (in rereference to my bloating, which I've named Katie). 




So I am incredibly grateful that tomorrow is Friday. I have some fun things planned for this weekend: having lunch with a girlfriend Saturday, then seeing my meditation teacher/ dear friend, then very special friends are taking me out to some type of surprise event, not a clue as to what that will be. Sunday morning I will be going with two girlfriends for a beautiful hike and a special birthday lunch for one of my hiking girlfriends, then we will stop at our family ranch and pick some Satsuma tangerines. 

Hoping for a physically easy weekend so I can actually enjoy some of these things I have planned.


Thank you so very much for taking the time to read this blog, and if YOU are personally suffering, I hope this has brought some relief in knowing you/we are in fact NOT alone in this incredibly, deeply painful and scary place.

Namasté  to you all.


Thought we should end with a pic of my precious baby, Tink, who daily saves my life in more ways than I can say. He is such a magical, healing, sentient cat of LOVE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment