Wednesday, January 22, 2014

be BRAVE! be BRAVE! be BRAVE! be BRAVE!




This week has not been an easy one -- physically or emotionally.  Work has felt overwhelming and I'm beginning to notice an emotional component to my Lupron treatment. I'm noticing an increase in hot flashes also and they seem to be tied to my emotional state of mind and levels of stress. 

It is incredibly difficult to try and remain the same person I was pre-MENOPAUSE, especially in my work. In my job, I am to help coordinate care and services for my elderly clients and provide the support they and/or family members need. I am finding myself brought to tears frequently during the day, having strong surges of anger and hot flashes accompanied with sweat dripping down my forehead. I'm easily triggered from somewhat calm to incredibly frustrated at an alarmingly fast rate of speed. I get frustrated with myself and practically everyone I encounter. 


Here is how I've felt this week in the office, I'm big on having pictures of EVERYTHING. LOL.


Another aspect of my personal life that has made this week rather difficult is that yesterday makes six months ago that my dad passed away of cancer. That is still an open and painful wound. I miss him terribly and frequently stumble upon things that I would've asked his advice on or for help, which feels like a kick in the gut each time I realize he is no longer there.


I am grateful everyday that I have the most amazing cat that just overwhelms me with LOVE each and everyday. He cuddles me and knows when I don't feel good. He knows just what I need. He is a very very very wise kitty. His name is Tink and it truly is the perfect name for him. He is pure magic and I LOVE him more than words can say.


I'm trying my hardest to remain BRAVE and keep my first momentum. It is really hard not to get sucked down. I am not getting sucked down, but physically am struggling right now as my body continues to try and fight to regain some type of peace.

This first BRAVE image is not my own. I found it online and have further edited it with a few apps on my phone, but I take no personal credit for the image itself.



This BRAVE HEALING image is truly one of my favorite pictures right now and it is central in my HEALING process to look at it frequently.



Thank you so very much for reading.

For those endometriosisters reading, I hope you're feeling well and you are on your own journey of BRAVE HEALING.

For those readers that do not have endo I hope as you read my posts that you realize how much, how deeply and in how many ways endometriosis impacts the lives of women who have it. It is not as if we can push pause on the rest of our lives, heal our bodies and then continue on with our lives-- which can be the cause of a lot of strife and struggle, which of course impacts and can intensify the symptoms. Sigh. 

I love you all and send big LOVE to you for taking the time to read my blog.

~namasté. 

No comments:

Post a Comment