Sunday, December 15, 2013

Living in my Maternity Leggings--and Happily So

Well, I actually slept last night and got up pretty early and went interesting and intense hike which included four miles of walking and a total of 1,117 stairs. Wow, my legs still feel like noodles. Below are some pics from my walk.

I'm still incredibly bloated and cannot fit into my normal pants-- going to be a long week -- wearing a lot of leggings, I suppose. Luckily I'm not in a lot of pain this evening, not close to comfortable, but have also been way worse.

It hit me a little deeper today that this is even happening again. While I was walking with my friend we were of course talking about all kinds of things, as we do every week. There are some upcoming activities and trips that I really will not be able to participate in and that is all to familiar.

I am working very hard at NOT becoming angry about being in this position again...or being mad AT my body. Being mad at my body will do nothing but make things worse, which is the last thing I need.

As my very wise teacher instilled in me yesterday as a new mantra:

I forgive myself, my body for everything.

Though this statement feels far away, I have been doing some meditation on it, with my hands lovingly on my ever so swollen pelvis/abdomen. My cat, lovely tink, has also been spending a considerable amount of time cuddling and kneading my pained abdomen. Hoping some kind and loving energy will help to soothe the craziness going on inside my body.

For tonight I'd like to end with an inspiring quote, with LOVE to each of you who took the time to read this and to each of you who trigger have our know someone who has endometriosis:

When all you know is pain you don’t know that that is not normal. It is not a woman’s lot to suffer, even if we’ve been raised that way.

It is not OK to miss a part of your life because of pain and excessive bleeding.

It is not OK to be bed-ridden for two-to-three days a month.

It is not OK to pain during sex.

It is not OK to have major bloating or nausea.

Susan Sarandon

P.S. the endometriosis-related images I did not create and am not taking credit for, they are simply images I found significant while surfing Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment