Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Ominous Return

I was pretty sure, hell I was completely sure, that having a total hysterectomy would offer PERMANENT relief from my endometriosis.

It is with utter disdain that I report that a year and a half after my hysterectomy that my symptoms have slowly begun to return and just about every symptom has returned. I'm experiencing pain and other symptoms just as I was before with no difference, which I don't fully understand since I'm missing a few major organs, but my understanding of this doesn't really matter.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to my new primary care physician to obtain my referrals back to my original surgeon from several years ago. Hoping to get in with him soon.

I must admit I'm absolutely terrified, to the point of tears, of my life returning to the painful, nauseating nothingness that it was for so many years.

But with ending on a negative feeling I feel I need to leave a positive quote:

The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart. 

~Nikolai Lenin

No comments:

Post a Comment