Sunday, April 26, 2015

My Best Friend, Tink the Bengal



I'd like to introduce y'all to the most magical,  sentient,  healing,  loving,  dedicated,  amazing, smart,  kind,  compassionate,  helpful,  overall incredible cat, Tink the Bengal. 

Tears are streaming down my face as I write this.  My baby's 11th birthday is this coming June 3rd- I've been his mommy since he was old enough to leave his kitty mommy.  Yesterday at the vet we were informed he has cancer.  I'm still in the information gathering/decision-making stage of what I assume will be nothing but a gut-wrenching process.  


He has been there without hesitation for me during some of the biggest events of my life: my graduating from jr college,  college and graduate school,  my broken leg and subsequent surgeries,  endo and my hysterectomy,  the illness and loss of my grandpa, the illness and loss of my dad. . . Countless other things.  
♡ ♡ ♡

He's my best friend.   When you have a chronic illness, you lose a lot of people in your life.  When you have to cancel plans so many times,  eventually the incited stop coming,  and so do the phone calls.  But Tink has always been there and has just been a source of overwhelming love and support in my life.  I love him more than I knew possible. 

He loves a good chin scratch! 


Here we are at the vet yesterday.  I literally had absolutely no idea that we were looking at something so serious. 





Still feeling overwhelmed and wanted to share some of my treasured Tink pictures. 

Below is Tink's brother,  Wilby,  and I grieving yesterday afternoon.  


In peace and love.

Stephanie and Tink


 

No comments:

Post a Comment