Monday, May 16, 2011

The Only Effective Treatment of Endo Thus Far. . .

Well, it is very hard while dealing with endo to stay positive, nothing seems to take the pain away. How quickly I forget that I do have something that works as an anesthetic and most definitely as a distraction. It is not something that was recommended by my doctor(s), or anybody else for that matter. Something I have always had, well for 7 years, and something that is uber intelligent and knows just how to make me feel better :)

Of course I'm talking about my cat, Tink. He is 28 beautiful pounds of glorious cat. He loves to snuggle his mommy and luckily with all of that weight, he is the perfect hot water bottle for when the cramps become overwhelming!

Here is Tink when I first got him, on my 21st birthday! He was so cute! We are very connected and yes, cuddling with him is something that is way more potent than any of the medications or suggestions I have tried.


Not only does cuddling with my precious baby ease my physical discomfort, it also serves as a means to get out of myself for a bit...



So, here's to my baby! :) And I'm hopeful that several other endo-sisters have got furry little animal lovers at home, so relish in their love and attention.

Here's a quote for thought for today:

The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.  ~Nikolai Lenin


2 comments:

  1. This is so great! I have a kitty named Karma. And it's funny you mentioned that because sometimes I lay her on my stomach when it's hurting, and her warm body is like a heating pad!! :) I love the quote you added at the end, very true. Wonderful blog and love the pics!
    Your endo sister,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are the best!! They're sooooo smart!!! Love 'em!! Karma is a cute name! :)

    ReplyDelete