Monday, July 6, 2015

What else?, Part One


**Please note this was written over the span of a few days, beginning Saturday, the 4th of July and continuing Sunday the 5th**



This year I find myself 5 weeks and one day post-op from another major endo surgery, 5.5 years past my first endometriosis surgery in which I was officially diagnosed. Over the past few years I've really gone through a lot but have also done a lot of work and am experiencing a great amount of growth. I cannot say that I'm grateful for the endometriosis trail I've had to go on but I am grateful to be able to be in such a place of self-exploration, healing, experiencing a shift of perspective and an ever-increasing amount of LOVE. 


I love Independence Day and love it in both a macro and micro sense. I hope you find some time today, even if just a brief moment, or a breath even, to focus on what in your life you are working on gaining independence from, maybe what you've already conquered. Take a deep breath and give yourself a spiritual high five for keepin' on keepin' on. 

Whatever struggles you're experiencing may feel or seem overwhelming, I feel that way sometimes with what I'm going through. But the current mantra I'm working with is "what else is true?" So I am learning to be able to lift up out of my pain, which is very real, and see something else that is also very real but more positive. For example on this morning of Independence Day, I am in a lot of pain while writing this, BUT what else true?! What else is true is, I am in the beautiful mountains with people I love, I am going to be going to a firework show tonight and I know it will be amazing, I am able to revel in and deeply breathe in the healing properties of nature. 

For this past Independence Day Holiday Weekend, these were my "what else"  observations that got me through:






I am not always good with the "what else" mantra but that is life, eh, we work on what is presented to us, what we stumble upon, what experiences (good and bad) what are put in our path. Like right now (Monday July 6th) as I write this I am in some of the worst pain I've ever had. Sometimes the pain is so hard to look through that my "what else" can be hard to see. Writing has seemed to help me. I hope by my sharing my process I can help someone else on their path when the times might be tough and hope seem far away. 

Fingers crossed for me, and each of my readers especially my sisters, that we have an easy day and may our pains be diminished, even if just a bit, by the "what elses" we have in and around us!

big hugs and love,

namasté  ॐ 

Stephanie



2 comments: