Thursday, July 16, 2015

Ice Breakers and an Intro to BRAVE healing, nearly 4 years late!



I was reflecting over past blogs and realized that I should have a fun kind of blog. So I decided an Ice Breaker type post might be fun, obviously if you're a reader, you know a lot about my endometriosis experience, but not much else. Found some fun questions, so here goes!

What is your earliest memory?
         Picking out my cat at 4 years old.
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid.
         Having things less physically painful
What was your favorite musical group when you were in Junior High?
         No Doubt, for sure, lol ;)
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
          I changed my interests several times, marine biologist, lawyer, teacher.
What was your favorite childhood injury?
         My favorite injury happened just five years ago, so I was already 26 lol, I fell off the curb of my house and broke my leg in half -- resulted in two surgeries and four months of not walking, fun fun.
When was the first time that you had beer?
          I was like 8 and took it accidentally from the table while sitting with my dad, I spit it right  out.
Do you have any hidden talents?
          Hmmmmm, I don't think so.....
What jobs do your parents do?
          Both of my parents taught elementary school, my mom taught kindergarten, and my dad, second grade.
Name one thing that not many people know about you.
           Hmmm I guess with a very personal written and now even video blog on YouTube, people would probably not think I am as shy as I am!
Was there ever a time when you were frightened for your life?
           More than I can count and for even more reasons!
What outdoor activities do you like to do?
           Camping, hiking, SWIMMING (Jamie that was for you!), road trips, zip-line
Where is your most favorite place on this earth?
            Oh gosh I guess I'm between Spain, this tiny village in Italy and Capri, Italy.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
          I guess I would consider it to be my accomplishing my Master's Degree in Gerontology and to have my 3rd degree Reiki certification.
Do you have any phobias?
          FISH!
Do you feel you have a purpose or calling in life?
          Geriatric counseling/mental health
Do you believe in ghosts?
          YES, but they make me nervous.
What do you value most in life?
          L O V E
What would be your dream job?
          Running a retreat center/support group/etc focused on helping young woman with endometriosis!
What is important to you right now?
          Right now regaining my health is definitely most important in my life.

Just thought this might be a fun  post. Tomorrow morning I am returning home from my few days away. Right now I am in excruciating pain and am looking forward to returning to my baby tomorrow.  Tomorrow I think I will do a post about this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment