Monday, June 8, 2015

The Beauty in Healing






It has been quite an intense week recovering from my most recent surgery that was on May 29th.  I've been quite silence on all formats of my normally active modes of social media and have been really introspective. This morning though I had the most magical experience with my dear friend Jamie and it has helped my healing feel like it totally helped me to shift perspective on the healing road I've been on since this surgery. It has been so overwhelming and really ugly, painful, but now it is beautiful and that is what i'm deciding to focus on. I have this amazing song called Courage Is by The Strange Familiar. I will post the lyrics here:

Take all my vicous words and turn them into something good
Take all my preconceptions and let the truth be understood
Take all my prized possessions and leave only what I need
Take all my pieces of doubt and let me be what's underneath
Courage is when you're afraid but you keep on moving anyway
Courage is when you're in pain but you keep on living anyway
We all have excuses why living in fear something in us dies
Like a bird with broken wings, its not how high he flies but the song he sings
Courage is when you're afraid but you keep on moving anyway
Courage is when you're in pain but you keep on living anyway
keep on living anyway
keep on living anyway
It's not how many times you've been knocked down
It's how many times you get back up
Courage is when you've lost your way but you find your strength anyway
Courage is when you're afraid
Courage is when it all seems grey
Courage is when you make a change and you keep on living anyway
You keep on moving anyway
You keep on giving anyway
You keep on loving anyway

And the video of an awesome acoustic performance can be seen by clicking here.

That song totally helps me when things get tough and feel overwhelming, which lately has been on a nearly daily basis. I mean the surgery physically was enough but the emotional aspects of it are really intense and I am still in the process of dealing with those. 

As most of you know this has not been my first surgery and every time I get my hopes way up, maybe too up, and then feel absolutely incredible initially post-op, and then when obstacles spring up it really takes me by surprise.  This surgery was probably the most complicated I've had and if you know the details of others that is pretty intense but I, now that I have truly turned the corner can say, that I THINK I AM GETTING BETTER! That is an amazing thing to say and more importantly, to believe.

I had a really artistic, spiritually-charged morning working on a very special project that I am not really ready to share yet, but it is a special healing, non-traditonal but completely organic and natural dream catcher project. The work we did this morning on this project completely inspired me to find the beauty in the healing I've been going through so I decided to do a little pre-op, incision-centric, bruise showing photo shoot:

 
I feel like this photo is interesting because it shows the drastic difference in my post-op belly in just the short time span of a few days. The bloating in endometriosis has always been such a mystery to me and I have yet to have been given a satisfactory answer as to why





This picture pleases me to no end.  I cannot believe the difference in my body this soon post-operatively. I can truly say I have high hopes of someday getting back to my not-fat, pre-endo body and that feels incredible, the hope is scary but worthwhile.  I feel like finally my body


This is the mantra I am using:



let the MAGIC of LOVE heal YOU


My healing process is nowhere near complete, 
but I am definitely on my way now. 

Can't wait to share more as this process continues to unfold.


Signing off, in peace, sending big hugs and loves to my beloved sistahs and dear friends. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!

And for our ending affirmations:

There is within each of us the possibility of magnificence. Every moment is an opportunity to make it manifest. Let the spirit awaken you to a miraculous life.
--Marianne Williamson

There will definitely be more to come with this journey but wanted to get a quick  post up since I haven't posted anything since my surgery.

Sending big love to all my aching sisters out there and wrapping you in healing love and wishing you peace and hopefully some relief from your symptoms.

With love and namaste,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment