Thursday, August 20, 2015

Keep Holding On


At present I'm going through a very severe bout of depression, from several sources of mounting stress, a major factor of course being the nearly extremely excruciating and constant amount of physical pain I am experiencing. Music is something in my life that is a major tool and I love it so. I decided to do a music -focused blog post and share some of my favorite songs, looking at the songs that I feel I need to listen to while feeling this way. I hope this playlist of sorts can help any of you out there in a similar state, or maybe this is something you can stash away should those feelings bubble toward the surface.

**Let me make an announcement about the videos and pictures I will be sharing, NONE OF THEM ARE MINE, they are simply found on youtube and google**



Here is one of my favorite songs, no matter how I'm feeling but lyrics-wise it is perfect for how I'm feeling as of late, the band is called Misterwives.







Shania Twain has a song called Today is Your Day and here is the video with the lyrics. It sure picks me up. I love playing it really loudly in the car and singing  my guts out to it!










One of my all time favorite singers is Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine. So much so that my best friend and I once saw her twice in the same tour. Not only does she have some of the most powerful lungs, interesting and catchy lyrics and tunes, but she is a magical performer. One of her songs, Shake it Out, is really a great song when feeling down. Here is an acoustic version video with the lyrics.



My parents used to listen to Fleetwood Mac in the car when we would be on car trips and I would hate it. Now, however they are one of my favorite bands, lol. They have a song called Don't Stop; I saw them live with my mom and this song performed live is just incredible and life-affirming. This isn't a live version video but it has the lyrics which I find helpful, especially if you don't happen to be familiar with the song.



Mariah Carey has several well known hits; however one less well known song hits me very close to home and expresses things I cannot put words to and you can find a video with lyrics to the song here. 






Sia has a hauntingly beautiful voice and it is a perfect fit for the song Breathe Me. Here is the video with lyrics. I love this song. Everything about is fits how I've been feeling the past several weeks.







Rascal Flatts has a lot of songs that I absolutely LOVE but this is the song I use as a pick me up and it always works. It is called Bless This Broken Road and this video has the lyrics in it as well.





Avril Lavigne is another of my favorites and her song Keep Holding On is a great song to hear when feeling down-- you can tell that just from the title alone. Here is the video with the lyrics.









These are just the songs I can think of off the top of my head. I know there are more so I will likely keep adding to this list. I hope it helps someone out there to feel even just a little bit better!

Sending love and healing wishes to my endo sisters out there and a safe path to happiness to those out there battling depression.

love and namaste,

Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment