Monday, February 24, 2014

quick update & thanks



Over the past few weeks a lot of things have changed within my body:

~ I'm no longer constantly nauseated

~  I'm not experiencing nearly as much bleeding

~  I'm sleeping better

~  My endo pains are much better, less common; though my liver and back can be excruciating

~ Still experiencing hot flashes and night sweats

Overall I'd say I'm doing better in terms of my endometriosis, I am however absolutely physically exhausted from my hospitalization a few weeks ago. I am nervous about my liver, but have confidence in my doctors, more importantly I have (it might be more accurate to say I'm learning how to have confidence my the healing ability of my body) confidence in my body and it's ability to heal.

It is during the past few weeks, since coming home from the hospital, that I feel a completely renewed and even stronger love and deep reverence for my sweet kitty. 

I've had Tink since he was a tiny baby kitten. We are very close and connected on a super deep soul-level. He knows when I don't feel good, even before I know. He cuddles and is enormous so serves as a great hot water bottle. His purr is like magic, seriously healing. He and his incredibly strong, nearly palpable love is stronger than any of the medications I've ever taken.


He is half Bengal and half Abyssinian. He is 28 glorious pounds of pussycat. This summer will mark the 10 year anniversary of bringing him home. I love this picture of his gloriously wild markings in his strong profile. His inner beauty, believe it or not, by far surpasses his outer beauty which is pretty overwhelming also.


I love how precious he looks when he sleeps. He loves the blanket in the before picture, it practically matches his fur. 


Experiencing this reprieve of my endometriosis has offered me a clearer lens thru which to view this painful disease/experience. This thought dropped down into me in almost a palpable way:

Just because I'm strong enough to handle the pain that didn't mean I deserve it.

WOW talk about a radical concept to wrap around myself. I wish to share this "simple" idea with as many suffering, BRAVE, beautiful, amazing endometriosisters as I can, or anyone suffering from a chronic illness.

This is just another step forward, maybe a big step even, on my path of LOVING myself to HEALTH: 

BRAVE HEALING


Just wanted to share my latest thoughts and experiences. Below is Tink taking great care of me this past weekend while I was experiencing some extremely deep physical liver-related pain.


Thank you all so very much for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you enjoyed it, connected with any part of it or learned something. Please feel free to start any dialogue here, I'm completely open to having a discussion, answer questions about my experience and really would like to see the tabbooness of endometriosis dissipate - that is one of my goals by writing this blog.

A big love and fur-filled hug from Tink to all of you and me.

~namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment