Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Power of ˌafərˈmāSH(ə)n (AFFIRMATION)


I decided that today’s ENDOMETRISIS AWARENESS MONTH blog post would be about harnessing the power of our words by using affirmations. This idea tags onto the idea brought forth in the blog posted yesterday, What Else is True? That is an example of how we can use our language and our thoughts for healing and our greater good. As a part of my healing I enjoy making little graphics with mantras or affirmations on them, so I will share a few throughout this post.


To start I’d like to share an incredibly powerful, healing, love-filled meditation set to video with beautiful images throughout that was made by two dear friends. Diana Lang (you can access her website by clicking here) is an amazing yoga and meditation teacher, and spiritual counselor in Los Angeles. Her work (on all fields) has absolutely massively changed my life in countless ways for the best. The video was made by another incredibly creative and loving friend, Angela. Diana frequently shares meditations that are available to listening and sharing for F R E E. They are each special and hit the spot at different times. However, VIOLET is always one of my go to meditations. It is a pain relief meditation. Does it completely take the pain away? NO but does it help drastically improve it? YES. And it is the only treatment I can think of for physical pain that has only POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS! If you would like to watch this video click here to watch. I suggest watching once and keeping your eyes open to enjoy the visuals and then listen with your eyes closed.

Using affirmations for health and healing is an important part of our healing process and is one of the only effective treatments that I know of that:
-is FREE
-is FREE OF NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS
-can be implemented ANYWHERE and ANYTIME by ANYONE
-is ALWAYS available, requiring no rx and no pharmacy

Affirmations can be used for any part of our lives that we might like some improvement or increased peace in; for example, there are wealth, love, self-compassion affirmations. Because this blog is about ENDOMETRIOSIS AWARENESS and HEALING we will focus on those areas with the affirmations we provide. 

I found a really great page with a brief explanation of affirmations and some great examples of some HEALING affirmations and you can visit that page by clicking here. I have copied the article here. I really like this article because it not only gives great examples of affirmations for HEALING but gives a little blurb about each one! I increased the size of each affirmation so it is visibly obvious and then the statements following expand on and further explain the affirmations.

You have the power to help your body heal itself. Whenever you’re hurt, use these affirmations to help bring your thinking and your choices back in line with basic principles that support the alignment of the physical, mental, and emotional well-being.

  1. My body knows how to heal itself, and is doing so even now. The body is naturally a self-healing mechanism. It is constantly maintaining and restoring itself. You know this to be true because your body has been doing it ever since you were born. Think about all the cuts and bruises you’ve acquired that have closed up and gone away.

2. My body tells me what it needs. The body speaks to you in many ways. Sometimes the signals come as hunches or silent impulses, at other times they come through feelings of comfort or discomfort. Listen to whatever the body tells you. It never lies.

3. I honor my body’s wisdom by trusting the signals that it sends. When you override or ignore what the body is relaying, you interfere with the body’s natural healing process. Sometimes the body does not want to do what you would like to do. When you honor the body’s message, you honor the body’s wisdom.

4. Every part of my body carries out its tasks easily and naturally. The body is an intelligent energy system that maintains its inner harmony freely and easily by adhering to the infinite wisdom that supports and sustains it. 

5. My body is attuned to the wisdom of the universe. The body is a microcosm of the universe. Just as the stars move in harmony with that great macrocosm, so are the body and all its parts designed to move in sync with the natural rhythm and harmony of the universe.

6. Joy is my body’s keynote; vitality is its song. The body does not know stress, yet when we interfere with the body’s natural healing work through poor diet, lack of exercise, or other unhealthy choices, the body’s ability to function at optimum efficiency is compromised. When you listen to the body and honor your body’s needs, vitality improves and joy awakens in your heart. You know you are in sync with the body’s wisdom when the body “hums” with vitality and joy.

7. Gratitude and peace flow through my mind and body like a clear, healing stream. Whenever you see and know the truth, whether for yourself or for others, that truth becomes a healing stream that flows out and supports those for whom you pray.

Affirm these universal principles whenever there is a need for healing. After all, prayers of healing are acts of compassion, and compassion is a form of love. Give yourself the gift of love that carries healing in its wings.


This blog is not meant to be religious in anyway. Affirmations can be designed to be as religious or spiritual as you would like. You can view them as a prayer if that is something you feel more comfortable with or a mantra while going around a mala if that is more your style. The most important aspect of affirmations is USING THEM. They only work if we use them.

I suggest when you're first incorporating  affirmations into your life that you set an alarm on your phone for a few times a day as a reminder to use your affirmations. It can also helpful to have them on a sticky note in the car and you can use them when driving, now I'm suggesting repeating affirmations, OBVIOUSLY NOT MEDITATING WHILE DRIVING. Or some people having some by the bathroom sink and when you're there washing your face, brushing your teeth, putting makeup on, etc you can repeat them. It can take a few weeks for a habit to be built, but the commitment is definitely worthwhile and can help increase a sense of inner peace. Also, while fighting a chronic and seriously impacting disease such as ENDOMETRIOSIS it can be really helpful to use a tool such as healing affirmations as a way to assert some control in a situation in which it feels as though we have no true control. What a great way to exert control, too!


One of my favorite affirmations that can really work for any aspect of our lives is from Diana Lang and is:

I deeply and completely accept myself



I hope this article gives you some ideas of some HEALING affirmations you can bring into your life and hopefully help you feel better and better. 

My hopes are to have a short blog posted everyday during this month. **FINGERS CROSSED**

Sending out much love and healing to all of my 176 MILLION endometriosis-sisters! I hope you all have the support and love that you need in your life in order to heal and hopefully T H R I V E. 


Thriving is exactly what I’m working on in my life right now. Definitely not there yet but on my way!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, beautiful Stephanie. I stumbled upon your vlog as I was searching for Louise Hay videos, soaking in a tub on the cursed 'day one' of my cycle. What a gift. You have such strong light shining through you, thank you for showing up and being your lovely, luminous self. After a 7 YEAR respite (!!!!) due to miracle IVF pregnancies, I feel my endo creeping back, month after month, each worse than the last. I have like you, not wanted to speak of it, in hopes that denial would make it go away but we both know that doesn't help. My struggle began at 12 and I had a similarly despicable experience with doctor after doctor after doctor (14 in all) laughing, smirking, condescending, and arrogantly offering me anti-depressants. You are right, we are not alone. I believe this disease begins with a fear and loathing of the feminine that we inherited from 100s of generations before us. So that is my spiritual work now. Unconditional self love, emergence of the divine feminine, and standing in my power whether fear accompanies me or not. Thank you sweet lovely Stephanie. God/dess bless you on your journey, keep shining your Light. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Profit primarily prime quality items -- you can understand them all within: self esteem affirmations list

    ReplyDelete